Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easy as Pie!


I had a fight with my freezer. ...It won! I have a really old standup freezer in my basement where I keep veggies etc. and it periodically develops an ice monster that must be tamed. The most recent appearance attacked some of my veggies, incasing them in pristine whiteness, so with my trusty sword (actually a screwdriver), I began chipping away to free my zuchini, but there was a casualty....a defenseless bag of strawberries that I didn't even know was there. Needless to say, I couldn't leave them to collect freezer burn since I had punctured the bag so I freed them from their icey prison and thawed them out. What to do now? Easy....a PIE. This doesn't even require a RECIPE! I had about 3 cups of strawberries that I cooked with 1 cup of sugar over medium heat for about 30 minutes. Drained most of the juice off and stored for later. Used Pillsbury roll out pie crusts, one in the bottom, add strawberries, and I cut the other into strips that basketweaved on top of the pie. Sprinkled with sugar and baked for 20 minutes on 450 till crust was lightly browned. SCRUMPTIOUS, quick, and EASY!! (best served with whip cream or icecream).

No comments:

Post a Comment