Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July



This is the first July 4th that I have not hosted my annual pool party. We had downsized this year to just immediate family. We cancelled even that at the last minute last night because my husband was severely stressed out with the amount of work to be done, his to do list, and getting behind in school. We went to bed at odds with each other last night which never happens.

Our pool isn't swimmable. The water is finally clear, the algae is dead but we are still trying to get the debris (dead algae film and leaves) off the bottom. It will be a few more days. He's fighting that in the 90 degree heat.

I have to admit, I had hoped to automatically incorporate the babe into our lives and celebrate each holiday from the get go. I feel VERY out of sorts not doing anything on the 4th as it has always been one of my big hostessing holidays. It makes me a little angry. I bought the baby a special outfit (not the one pictured above).

I am determined to salvage something out of today later. Even if its just the two of us eating meatloaf sandwiches and fruit and watching a movie. Afterall I have 15 pounds of hamburger, a whole watermelon and pineapple and the makings for a dessert because I had planned for a party of 10 when I went shopping yesterday.

I don't want to be one of those people that cancels plans because I have a child. He is not the ultimate reason I cancelled. I cancelled because of our stress in maintaining and doing everything which has become a little difficult with a child. He is worth every cancelled plan, every holiday at home watching a hoarders marathon but I want him to have a full happy life..including 4th of July Pool parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment