Sunday, December 27, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

The week of Christmas I wanted simple hardy dishes that would have tons of leftovers. Boy did I ever make stuff with tons of leftovers. I have REALLY got to work on cutting recipes down for the two of us or freezing portions immediately! I'm going to have to throw some food out because there are still leftovers and they are over my three day rule. We just could not eat that much.

I will post the full recipe but I made the error of using too much meat and broth so I had to balance out the ingredients which made WAY too much. This would feed an army so please, PLEASE cut this recipe down. My suggestion...cut the roast in half and freeze half for a later time and use about 2 cups of the broth only to start.

Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
2-3lb Beef Chuck Roast
6 cups of water
2 Beef Boullion Cubes
3/4 cup flour
Salt
1 medium onion, chopped
1 package (10 ounces) mushrooms, destemmed and sliced
3 tbs chopped garlic
1 carton Sourcream (16 ounces)

Directions:
Put all ingredients in crockpot EXCEPT Sourcream. Cook for 8-10 hours on low. Remove roast and trim fatty portions (meat will just fall apart) and cube or shred meat. Add additional flour to thicken broth if needed (pull about a cup of broth out, add flour, whisk until smooth, slowly return to crock whisking the entire time so there are no lumps). Once you get a thickened broth, add sourcream and return meat to crock. Serve over rice or egg noodles. Top with a sprinkle of parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment