Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

You would not believe the insanity that is the mountain of presents under my tree. I thought this year would be lean as we were cutting out buying for some people as times are tough for everyone. Sometimes the best gifts are alleviating the pressures of the holiday. I went personal this year for old fashioned flair as well budgeting issues. Making gifts is NOT as budget friendly as you think but I love it non the less.

DH went a little nutso though. I think he is probably single handedly redoing my entire kitchen gadget collection..LOL. I have also recieved gifts from "e-friends." Amazing women who are there for me on a constant basis. I can say I'm probably closer to them then most real life people and count them among my best friends near or far.

Tis the season for giving and we do our best. I love seeing or knowing someone's joy when I do something nice, give them a gift etc. but I have to admit, seeing those UPS boxes with my name on them, gives me a thrill and makes me glow with joy to know, others want to give to me for the same reasons.

Merry Christmas everyone.

2 comments: