It's been awhile since I've seen blog awards go around but it still thrills me when I am the recipient of one. Especially when it comes with such sincere heartfelt words that Dee bestowed upon me. Thank you Dee! You are an inspiration in and of yourself. You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for and you are truly a sweet soul.
I'm not sure how stylish my blog is, as I've been thinking it needs a makeover and have that on my to do list for maternity leave (as if I'm going to have a ton of time on my hands or something...pfftt) but I appreciate it all the same!
As with any Blog Award (in typical Highschool Chain Letter Fashion) there are rules!
There are a few rules to this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award!
So without further ado, let's talk about ME! (;))
1. I used to be heavily involved with horses and equine Rescue. I lived and breathed everything in the horse world.
2. I also used to own my own business selling things like Wineracks, quilt racks, papertowel holders that I made out of scrap metal and used horseshoes in addition to home good items with equestrian themed fabrics (tree skirts, table runners, pot holders etc.) Had I only known about Etsy then.
3. I'm a little neurotic, a little OCD and a lot smartass.
4. I have trouble appreciating things about myself because I only ever see my flaws and I think sometimes its so transparent that other people only focus on them as well.
5. I feel incredibly lucky and blessed every day that I found an amazing man who truly loves me and appreciates me. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve that kind of love.
6. My world is fixing to turn upside down in more ways than I can imagine and that scares me even though its something I want more than anything.
7. I wish I were a better writer. Sometimes I can make the words flow but at other's I read what I wrote and thing "W.T.F. Why do you bother?"
I do not have the time or the inclination to award 15 bloggers...Really? That is way too many!
I will however go with these must reads (just because I love these people and they are awesome)and they have all recently updated their blog designs or content etc so I think that definately qualifies!:
Mrs. S for being an IF warrior, great friend and dedicated person to the pursuit of her endeavors. I have no doubt that she will eventually conquer everything she sets her mind to including motherhood.
My sweet Isha (aka Mrs. Dreamer) for believing in my words of wisdom even when I don't make sense and giving as good as she gets. She's fiesty and loving all at the same time and I'm so excited to be sharing the pregnancy journey with her.
Jeanna who has not only shared similar struggles, loss but also the triumphs. I have had the pleasure of sharing IRL time with this amazing lady and she is full of grace and light. I can't wait to meet Owen and see what an amazing Mom she is going to be.
Mrs.Knip is one of my newer blog reads but I have so enjoyed following her journey from our days of TTCAL to celebrating life's miracles. She has it together more than she gives herself credit for and maintains her sense of fun and adventure.
There are so many good blogs out there and so many friends that have them that I probably could go on forever or at least till the 15 but I still have to go notify all these people! LOL Thanks again Dee for your tribute and I hope some of you find joy, wisdom and entertainment or simply a kindred soul in the blogs I've mentioned. I know I do.