Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quick Homemade Pizza

To celebrate National Pizza Week, I decided to treat us to a quick dinner. A simple homemade pizza. My husband accuses me of being obsessed with cheese. (I seriously am). So I had to control my urge to really cover this thing in too much cheese as my homemade pizza's tend to be TOO cheesy. I finally made a homemade pizza meeting his approval.
Quick Homemade Pizza
Ingredients:
Marinara Sauce Recipe1 small can of Tomato Paste

Meat topping of your choice:
Hamburger: browned and chopped

Toppings:1 cup Mozzerella
1 cup Colby Jack
1/4 cup Shredded Parm, Asiago, Blend

Black Olives
Sliced Red onion

1 Pillsbury Roll Out Pizza Crust

Directions:Lay out/prepare all of your topping choices. Make the marinara Sauce recipe while your brown your meat. Take Half of the Marinara Sauce and add it to a food processor (or blender) along with the can of tomato paste. Blend until smooth and thick.

Roll out your crust to desired thickness on a lightly greased cookie sheet or stone. Spread 1 1/2 cups of sauce over (more or less if desired) crust. Add meat topping followed by cheeses. Lastly, top with veggie toppings of your choice. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is browned and risen.

Serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment