Sunday, March 22, 2009

MMM, Pizza, wings and my sofa.

I love my sofa. It is huge and full of feathers. The one reason we bought this sofa is because both DH and I can stretch out on it together and watch TV (DH is 6'7ish and I'm 6'0..okay 5'11 3/4 close enough). This is the sofa that you sink into and have a hard time getting out of and it has TONS of throw pillows on it. To get this bad boy into the house we literally had to remove the entire sliding glass door frame (two doors). My DH complained the entire time because 1) he hated the colors and 2) he and my neighbor had a PITA time trying to get it into the house. I TRIPLE PINK PUFFY HEART my sofa. 1) I personally love the colors 2) It was a steal at the Boyles clearance sale (MSRP: 3999.00 Sale: 999.00) 3)It is the perfect sofa when you feel blah. DH now loves the sofa. It is his favorite place to nap.

So after a day of blood, sweat and tears (literally) I can't wait to curl up on my sofa. Today, while I was waiting on my taxes to be done, I dug out a new garden bed and planted strawberries for my Dad who has a broken foot. The cramps were insane, my low back is on fire, my shoulders hurt and I'm exhausted. I feel that this weekend was not wasted though. I cleaned up/organized a large portion of my home office, my taxes are done, I helped my dad, I worked outside, I spent quality time with my BFF at a midnight release Twilight party, ran into an old local Nestie I haven't seen in awhile and her DH (hugs to Mrs.Dreher if you are reading), read some of my new House of Night book and am now getting Hot Stuffed Crust Pizza Hut Supreme Pizza, cozy sofa time with DH, IBProfen, and a new episode of an enjoyble TV show.

While I am in pain, I am happy. I am thankful for today and all of the blessings God has brought into my life. I don't always remember to be thankful for EVERYTHING that he has blessed us with because I get caught up in the struggles and the hurt. We are truly blessed in many ways and I have to remember that this struggle to have a baby has brought us closer together and we will appreciate every moment of pregnancy and our childs life and it does make me thankful for all the things that did come easy. We are truly blessed in our love, our families (as hateful as some members may be) our furbabies and our home. Thank you Lord for all these things as well as my huge comfy sofa.

1 comment: