Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Monday-Kickin' off October

If we thought LAST week’s budget was tight, this week we will be pinching the pennies. Bring on PayDay! Fortunately, we don’t need but a few ingredients to complete our menu list this week, so I should just be able to squeeze out those pool chemicals, dog food, gas and groceries.

Don’t you just hate when you have so many things hit you in one pay period? Of course, I’m one of those that refuse to touch savings for anything other than a major emergency even though that’s what its there for. I just do not consider one tight pay period an emergency. I will live off rice and canned beans if I have to to avoid transferring money over even temporarily. It’s a habit you just don’t want to get into my opinion.

Breakfast for Dinner: Biscuits, eggs, turkey bacon, and diced potatoes.

Fried Chicken Tenders and scalloped Potatoes with Greenbeans

Chicken and Veggie Rice Skillet

Spaghetti

Hamburgers with Oven Fries

Fortunately, I do have the ingredients on hand to make an apple pie and/or chocolate chip cookies so this week won’t be a total lesson in tight economics. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment