Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Could be Worse

I try to remember that my situation could be so much worse. Early miscarriages are common. Many people never even recognize that they are pregnant when they miscarry early. Ofcourse I would have as I could not pass the tissue but that is beside the point.

The point is I stumbled across a message thread about a girl who lost her child unexpectedly at 15 months. He was a happy healthy baby who despite a fever kept playing and laughing. Suddenly he went down hill. He died a few hours later in her arms at the hospital and there was nothing anyone could do. They do not have answers and they have lost their child. A child they have loved for 1 year and 3 months. She is pregnant with their second.

I can NOT imagine. I loved a child for about 6 weeks. A child I will never meet whom I loved before pregnancy and prayed for. I love a child still and will never forget. I survived and I look forward to the future to another child to love and hold. I don't know if I could survive that though. I know you HAVE to. You have another child to be born, a family, a husband who is suffering with you. I can honestly say if I survived, I would need pyschological help. My mind would break along with my heart.

I'm not trying to be funny in the face of such tragedy but I can see myself killing somoene or being hauled off to jail in this situation. I got in the face of an Emergency VET and threatened them for a dog that wasn't even mine. To save a life I was willing to do whatever it took. If it were my child? I would be screaming and crying and demanding that someone FIX him. Fix him now or I will pull a Denzel Washington and hold someone hostage until you figure it out. I see this happening. I'm a strong person..most of the time, but some things, are probably beyond even me.

My prayers go out for this family who is experiencing the worst pain and trauma I could possibly fathom. I don't know them, but my heart breaks. The pain I feel is real for THEM and nothing compared to what THEY feel. I know you don't know their names but please take a moment and pray for them. Give Thanks tomorrow that you have a child to hold close or a family in good health. Give Thanks for a niece or nephew that you can hug and listen to childish giggles and pray for a family somewhere in the world who is suffering and mourning on this day and for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment