Friday, May 6, 2011

Mousecrumb Mom

which includes shoving whatever crumbs from a bare cabinet in your mouth that you can.

My cupboards are empty. Seriously. We have food in there but I've discovered that what we have left is gas inducing in me, which increases gas in Matthew so I'm avoiding those foods...and we have emptied out everything else.

I need to go to the grocery store but my maternity checks have not started arriving yet and we are dipping into savings to pay the bills. I have this thing about not using savings even though that is what it is there for and I knew we would have to use some of it, but I just can't bring myself to use it for groceries. Quarky I know.

I am hoping my check arrives today, but if it doesn't, I will break down and go grocery shopping. I'm desperate.

For breakfast this morning I scrambled an egg and paired it with a piece of lunchmeat and cheese on toast. There is one piece of lunchmeat and cheese left...just enough for DH to have a sammy this afternoon. My shelves in the fridge are barren except for cartons of eggs and a brita water pitcher (thanks to Dad's very productive chickens!). It's rather pitiful.

I have a feeling my well stocked kitchen is going to be pretty pitiful from here on out...just because I won't have the time to experiment, cook elaborately, and shop whenever I want. It is way too much of a hassle to make sure everything is in the diaper bag, get him ready, haul him in and out of the car etc. and time it all around naps so he's not fussing and disturbing everyone under the sun. I'd rather live off eggs and water.

From Foodie to Mousecrumb Mom....and maybe back again? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment