Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Menu Monday (day late)

Yesterday was Memorial Day, so instead of posting for Menu Monday, I used the holiday to remember those who are brave enough to die for us and spend time with friends. I had intended to work in the garden but unexpected rain prevented that course of action. This week is full of comfort foods with a focus on green vegetables and using what I have plus fresh foods from the farmer’s market.

Memorial Day: Grilled Steaks and Zuchini sticks, potato salad, and blueberry cobbler (and chocolate chip cookies, but I didn’t make them so I can’t claim them! LOL)

Chicken Pot Pie

Broccoli Casserole with Roasted chicken

Spinach Gratins with Turkey Meatloaf

And I always have a back up plan if I don’t feel like a certain meal one night. This weeks back up plan are two items I didn’t get to make this past weekend:
Blueberry Pancakes
Grilled cheese with leftover Bean soup (it’s in the freezer).

Baking:
(maybe, I don’t think I will have time)
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
Or
Orange Chocolate chip Scones

1 comment:

  1. Can't you hear me knockin'? I'm at the front door with knife and fork in hand...that sounds so yummy...I'm ready for it...come visit when you can...

    ReplyDelete