Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Perspective

I want to be really upset today. My headache is coming back, I didn't get the beans done last night, and my temp dropped this morning.

But I can't. Because today all I can think of is my dear friend who lost her mother last night and my heart breaks for her. I know we will always continue to live and let the trivial and big things get to us. We will always need to vent but in the face of an event like this, things just don't seem so important or worthy of getting upset over.

There is enough in our lives to cause us pain. I don't feel like causing myself anymore self inflicted stress today over things that I can or can't change. They just are. I will reserve my brain power and good thoughts for my friends family.

I love you R.

No comments:

Post a Comment