Friday, October 30, 2009

Continuing

I woke up this morning from a deep slumber without all that pain I've had for the past several days. The sore muscles and aching body? Almost all gone. A little stiffness and a few sore spots left but I can MOVE again without feeling I'm going to fall apart.

I still have some pain and twinges in the ute area, so I'm going to take it easy for a few more days, but I can breathe again. I feel like I can live again. I'm not confined to my house popping pills like Hugh Laurie on House. I can cook my husband dinner and hopefully be able to eat it! (I was still unable to chew last night so stuck with chicken soup, which I am SICK OF-I'm STARVING for the first time in days.) I have 24 hours in which to salvage Halloween.

I don't want to over do it by any means, but I think I feel well enough to try and throw together a pot of chili to enjoy while we cozy in for our marathon of Live Ghost Hunters on SyFy. That's not too much to ask!

A friend of mine is coming by today for a some girl catch up time. Thank goodness my sister helped me clean my house yesterday! I can have people drop in on me and not be embarrassed! I may even trade my pj pants for jeans before she gets here and fix my hair. (Then again, maybe not!)

I'm even looking forward to going back to work and going back to 'normal' routine and living. I love being home but when I'm home and can't work on projects and my house, it drives me insane. I want to LIVE again. I want to get back to doing what I do, exercising, baking, cooking and just being and not having all this time to think and wait tied down by sore muscles that only remind me of what we've been through. While I can never forget this, EVER, I want to look to the future and make plans and dreams again. Being dreamless is a dark place to be. Here is to a new day of living. With the advent of Samhain, today is a time of honoring my family both past and future, honoring life and death and that precious balance between the two, honoring love which keeps us living and dying.

1 comment: