Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Unchartered Territory and 9 week update!

Today I am 9 weeks. I have now passed into territory I've never entered. When I went to the doctor's two weeks ago, I thought I was about 8 weeks or maybe a few days shy based on my ovulation date. I was a little shocked to be measuring 6w6d. However, the heartbeat was strong and based on my chart, the Doc. was not concerned. So we did weeks 7 and 8 all over again. WEEK 9! SQUEE! I'm "finally" progressing.

I realized too, that the only things I've been writing about are pregnancy symptoms. Those pesky little things we focus on when we are hoping we are or still in denial. In denial, those symptoms help us rationalize this miracle. We begin to accept it, let it sink in and wallow around in it. We even get a little complacent about being pregnant. Admittedly after puking my guts up, I even feel smug. At long last, I AM PREGNANT! I am carrying this precious little life around inside me as it grows and forms and combines characteristics of my hsuband and me.

So I think its about time I start treating this pregnancy like the miracle it is and move past the denial/symptom stage of disbelief and on to the updates, letters, and general craziness of preparing for a child.

It should be mentioned here that that includes completely re-organizing my entire house and wiping it all down with clorox. Clorox was on sale. I bough lots and rubber gloves. I made a list! My household is in for a rude awakening. With the advent of hitting the 9 week mark, despite my exhaustion, I have entered Mommyzilla mode. I'm attacking my house with the full knowledge that I will be doing so periodically through my entire psychotic pregnancy because that's just how I am. And I'm okay with that.

9 Week Update:

Update Questionnaire which many of you have seen or used. It's made its rounds on many blogs but I totally snitched it from the infamous Blair but don't count on weekly belly pictures yet.

How far along? 9 weeks.
Total weight gain: Unsure.
Maternity clothes? Nope. Not even a bella band.
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well but I am so tired all the time.
Best moment this week: Hitting the 9 week mark.
Movement: No.
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Energy.
What I am looking forward to: Scrubbing my house down with clorox so I'm not incubating baby in a cesspool of funk
Weekly Wisdom: Start focusing on the joys and preparations early versus the continued symptoms of denial.
Milestones: 9 weeks! (not much of a milestone but a big deal to me!)

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to bring some of that cleaning frenzy to my house. It's all I can do to fold the laundry.

    ReplyDelete