Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blessings and Hope

I made it to work today. I've only teared up once and I got it under control. I'm going to make it through till the weekend and try to be strong because I'm sure I will go through another round of emotions on Monday when I start the physical part of this ordeal.

I put the baby things away. The baby books, the clothes, the few little oddities that people had started "passing" to me. There is no point in torturing myself with them as that does neither me nor my baby or future babies any good.

I find my strength in my blessings. This baby let me know that we have a future. I was able to concieve. I was getting desperate and depressed and tottering on the edge of giving up my dream when I was surprised with this BFP. That is the gift my child gave to me. HOPE. I was blessed with the presence of one of God's Angels for a short time and I will always carry that blessing and hope with me.

My husband. He was amazing through the pregnancy and through this week. It's hard to believe that our love could grow but it did. We are stronger together and are stronger as a couple, as parents, for the experience and for the love of a child.

My family and close friends. They have checked on me everyday. They have brought me really fattening cake, watched movies with me, cried with me, consoled me, sent me flowers, and loved me.

My bloggers and Chat Board girls. You have provided me with comfort, knowledge and answered my questions and sent thoughts and prayers. You have been my voices of reason, experience and strength. Your smiling babies are my promise. Your happy and healthy pregnancies are my dream. I will still follow you all with tears of joy, kind words, and always be here for you in return for all you have given me.

During dark times, there is a light of hope. I choose to honor that hope and continue on this journey looking at my blessings. I try not to take for granted the things that are good in my life but I often do. In this time of reflection, I see too many wonderful things to ignore them for the pain. The pain is real but "Hope springs eternal."

6 comments:

  1. Buckin you are truly an inspiration. I'm so glad that you could find the good in such a bad situation and I'm not sure many women could do that. You are an amazing person!
    You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for making it to work. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buckin, I am so amazed at your strength and ability to see the positive. I am thinking about you all of the time and I hope that soon you will have your own smiley baby.

    -audreybee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so enjoyed walking this journey with you. And I am so grateful that you still want to walk with me.

    ReplyDelete