Saturday, September 5, 2009

Babies R Us-Trip 1

So I met Sarah out for lunch today and for fun, we took a browse through Babies R Us. My first trip in that story as a pregnant woman. I refrained from buying anything even though I was strongly attracted to the clearance little boy clothes with the cute skulls on them. DH would have loved them.

I also found a fabulous bath set that I love. Other than that, everything was just so darn overwhelming. I've never been a neutral person. It's blue or pink. I despise yellow baby clothes. Strangely EVERYTHING I liked was green and brown though. Completely neutral. I ofcourse loved the little girl clothes. How can you not? but everything else I went for was straight up boy stuff.

None of it means a darn thing, but I found the experience interesting and overwhelming.

I came home to a ticked off DH chasing horses again. The hauling of them to my Dad's was changed to tomorrow. He is very ready for them to go at this point. He also had cleaned the birds cage and moved it out of what will be the nursery into the dining room. We now have ONE very pissed off bird (he was allowed to fly around the entire bedroom versus being stuck in his cage) being stalked by a very interested cat who has not moved from the floor beneath the cage. (The cage is hanging from the ceiling in the corner). It did give me a little flutter to realize that one week in, and he's already cleaning out the nursery. AWW.

Sweetest Moment this week: DH came to bed last night after I was asleep. He didn't know he woke me up. He cuddled up against me and laid his hand and gently rubbed over my lower tummy as if he was saying good night/soothing the baby that is growing in there. I smiled in the dark.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! That is so sweet! And get your sleep, dude! You are creating organs from scratch!

    ReplyDelete