Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Horses are Leaving

That whole puking thing? Yea. Not so much fun. Our horses got out AGAIN. We were out till 10pm chasing them and fixing fences. While I was helping DH, I was throwing up the entire time. Lovely burning acid bile and chuncks. It was AWFUL.

I was trying to be helpful but its really hard to do much when your head is between your knees and your puking all over the ground. It really hit home for DH last night. With him going back to school and working and me being pregnant that we can't keep doing this, not even short time. So we called my DAD and told him to come get the horses. He has 55 acres and is surrounded by farms and mountains not small acreage and main roads. So until we can find homes for them, they will be safer there. So my horses leave this weekend. It's very sad but its the best thing right now. Our one horse has learned that if he puts his head under his mane is so thick that he can't feel the electrical current as much and he can push until a pole snaps or a wire breaks and be free. We've spent 400.00 upgrading the wiring but to no avail. We have the highest shock box there is...doesn't help. The only thing that will keep him in at this point is wood fencing and only half of our pasture is wood. We can not afford to do the rest of it that way at this time. (It would be about 5000.00). So they are going to my Dad's temporarily. We had already made the decision to find them homes when he decided to go back to school. It wouldn't be fair to them to just feed them and not pay them attention or stimulate them in anyway for the next four years while we were busy with school and jobs. On the short term though fence issues etc would fall to me. Now with pregnancy and puking, it may be a bit much for me compound that by Houdini's escape behavior of the past week and some not too understanding neighbors, this unfortunately is the best thing for all parties. I hate it..I truly do but I have to do what is best for them first and foremost. I believe I'm a good pet owner, but at the moment, I'm not the best thing for them. (that really hurt to admit too).

I actually lost track of how many times I puked last night. I did manage to keep a small portion of spaghetti and chocolate milk down at about 11pm. I am STARVING today. My coworker/gal pal is bringing me McDonalds Gravy Biscuit and Tea. YUMMO. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment