Monday, September 28, 2009

Early Nesting?

Supposedly nesting does not kick in until 3rd tri. My husband swears this is not true. I've always been a bit of a domesticity queen but he claims my nesting has already taken over. Bless his heart, he has been wonderful about it though. This weekend, not only did he help me clean up before company came over but he was at my side when I faced the Master Closet Monster.

For those of you who do not know, my master closet has not had a light in it since we moved in. My darling husband has torn out the fixture and about a year or two later bought the new one but it still has not been installed. So the closet becomes a black pit of death for old shoes and clothes and dust bunnies. They all convalesce happily. Until This weekend. Extension cords and the bedside lamp and a broom were my weapons of choice and we conquered the enemy.

One mountain of clothes, a garbage bag of shoes and various other things in a giant yardsale pile later, my closet is clean! I'm no longer afraid to enter it in the dark. I still, some how, have too many clothes that I don't wear but it does have a semblance of organization and purpose now.

I no longer fear going to pee in the middle of the night and being sucked into the closet by forces of hell. Being sufocated by last seasons jacket is not my ideal way to go.

::rubs hands together eyeing the office closet::

No comments:

Post a Comment