Friday, September 11, 2009

Taps Foot Impatiently

We all know that patience is not my strong point. I won't lie. However, the insanely slow pace of this week and knowing I have an entire week next week to wait before this much anticipated ultrasound gets here is going to be excruciating.

You would think, I would be very relaxed since I'm finally pregnant and I waited so long to get here. But NO. Now its the NEXT thing I'm waiting for. I'm always effin WAITING on SOMETHING to get here. Its the nature of the beast.

I feel very strongly that everything is going swimmingly in my ute. Despite the problems getting here and witnessing some very sad Miscarriages of late, I do not really have a lot of doubt and fear. My prengnancy symptoms are relatively minor but even that does not up the worry for me. I'm very comfortable being pregnant. Although I will admit to the selfish thoughts of "OMG my stomach is already so bloated I feel like I've gained 20 lbs, why oh why are you doing this to me my child?" Whatevs. I don't care. I know I just look fatter than I already am and I will deal with that until I finally look pregnant instead of just like the broadside of a barn.

So, I'm trying to relax and wait patiently to see my baby. DH has taken off the entire day on the 21st for this appt. A bit excessive. It's not going to take that long but okay. I'm also meeting Sarah at Borders tonight to browse the pregnancy books and chat over hot chocolate.

Tomorrow, we get to have lunch with another BFF and her husband (who we haven't seen in almost three years as he's been in Dubais on contract) and new baby. SQUEE. So lots of activities. I have done a little browsing online for baby things but haven't quite gotten there yet. DH and I have agreed that we will make a big push on shopping and the nursery over Christmas break as we both get a few days off and will know what we are having (hopefully) by then.

So for now, its just me and my bloated bottom stomach roll hanging out and chillin. I know there's a baby squished in there somewhere so I'll just relax and eat my chef salad (complete with Deli Ham chuncks, I'm so horrid *rolls eyes*) and tap my foot impatiently for the time to move at a normal pace.

::Kicks clock::

1 comment:

  1. I could have written this myself. From the good feelings about the ute to the bloated bottom stomach. I even find myself looking at my ticker and thinking, "hurry up already!".
    I pph you and am sooooo glad to be on this journey with you. Awww, mushy hugs!

    ReplyDelete