Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Monday: Best of Intentions

Well, I had this grand plan that I was going to come home, fight with my treadmill (aka workout), fix a fabulous dinner of Italian Sausage and Pepper Risotto, blog and sip coffee in front of the TV after a nice hot shower.

WRONG. My darling husband has caught the flu bug or some nasty germcritter and was pitifully crawling out the door to go sleep through class. Bless his heart. Ofcourse he asked me to venture back out into the frigid night to get him more medicine and chicken noodle soup. *sigh* So off I went, to Walmart (aka HELL ON EARTH in the guise of a Retail Store). I stood in the massive isles staring around me trying to decide what on earth I was going to buy without my menu plan for the week. I'm supposed to be preparing fabulous healthy dishes, not stocking up on sodium laden canned soup! Campbell's is what he wants, so campbell's is what he gets. I am of the firm belief that everyone should get what they want when they are sick and the good Lord knows, my husband shoveled enough Campbell's soup down my throat a few months back.

So this week is going to be off kilter. I'm not sure what I bought exactly but $75.00 later, here I am with a general working idea. Discounting the Campbell's soup tonight, I'm going to attempt this menu:

Sausage and Red Pepper Risotto with Champagne
Spinach and Ham Quiche
Ground Turkey Meatloaf
Whole Wheat Bread
Healthy Nut/fruit muffins (a little vague but I'll have to see what I am in the mood for on the day I decide to bake)!


We shall see how it goes. I'm sure there will be other items but not necessarily blog worthy. (Really, how many times do you want to see a salad?) For now, I will leave you with a future taste of these recipes to come and the image of me sneaking up on my treadmill (it tends to kick my butt).

No comments:

Post a Comment