Monday, January 18, 2010

McFatty Monday

"What hurdles are you facing, rolling into Week 3? When do you work out? Do you work out every day, or are you one of those folks (like me) that feels successful for walking briskly through Target on a formula run? I’d love to read posts about how you manage to swing it into your schedule, how long it takes, what you do, etc."

Dear Blair,
You are joking right? Everyone knows that if you park an extra few spaces away at ANY Store and do your errands, it totally counts as a workout!
Buckin

Seriously folks, I haven't worked out at all. I actually REALLY wanted to but figured with all the breathing tests, lung issues, etc. it was not in my best interest to get on a treadmill or scream at Jillian while doing jumpingjacks. I prefer to breathe.

However, I am feeling better and other than a pukefest Friday night, I've managed to eat. I'm still hovering near my EPI pen and Emergency inhaler occasionally as my chest seems to get tighter when I eat. I don't know what that is all about but I've been maintaining very bland foods with no herbs or much seasoning. Salt and Pepper and Onion are about as adventurous as I get. Good news, the allergist appt is tomorrow so hopefully some questions will be answered.

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep up the momentum by WANTING to get on the treadmill and eating healthier options. For example, this weekend I hit up the old Farmer's Market and made Sweet Potato sticks, Cabbage soup and Turkey Burgers. Other than that we had Subway.

I'm continuing to drink more water although the Mt. Dews have snuck back into my day. I know, BAD ME! So my hurdles remain this persistant lung/allergy issue but I really think I'm on the upswing for that. My goal is as always to workout atleast the three nights DH is at school. That way I have the house to myself and can blast the TV or music. Plus I want to start incorporating more outdoor activities into my schedule to a) help me get more exercise and b) get ready for gardening season.

No comments:

Post a Comment