Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A few Ways I can help others

I support charity. I was instilled growing up that we should help others. In high school I was a part of the Anchor club. We made an effort to work with senior citizens to bring cheer and recognition to them through delivering bags of goodies and hosting an old fashioned senior’s prom in our gym.

In College, I joined Gamma Sigma Sigma a sorority dedicated to service through various activities such as helping the Humane Society, Kid’s Identification programs etc.

All through my youth, my church Youth Group participated in events such as Prisoner Missions etc.

As an adult, I gave back for several years through Animal Rescue mostly with horse rescue through NCERL and then USERL. In addition, I would donate to worthy causes (sponsoring Marathon runners/walkers, Angel Trees, Toys for Tots campaigns). Every stage of my life, has involved a new way to give back based on what my current priorities and involvements are.

While it is nice to have one cause near and dear to your heart (for me animal rescue will always be a priority) I think its also important to help out any time you get the opportunity. With my current focus on fitness, leading an active life and teaching my son the values of activity and charity, I’ve decided the best thing for me is to participate in 5k’s. Not only does it keep me motivated and moving but it helps out a good cause.

I’ve found that not only do I help myself and charities but I motivate others to get active as well as raise money. What better way to help than to get my friends and family healthy and motivated, promote community and activity, and raise money for beneficial organizations?

What will you do this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment