Monday, November 22, 2010

Menu Monday-Thanksgiving Week Edition

I can’t believe Thanksgiving is here! We have been so busy that I didn’t get to do a lot of Holiday experimenting but I am hoping to do some baking/ new recipes for Christmas. This week’s menu is on the sparse side since we have company coming and everything is all about the Thursday meal!

This weekend I journeyed (the whole 45 minute trip….ooooooo…LOL) to my parent's house to do a little Farm shopping for the holidays. Loaded up on fresh from the garden sweet potatoes, Gala Apples right from the tree, collard greens, mixed greens, turnips and eggs (right from the chicken’s butt!). Those will be put to great use as fried greens, stewed turnips, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs and the apples are incorporated into a big basket of fruit and candy for everyone to snack on.

This week’s menu (of non thanksgiving meals) includes:

Grilled Steaks, rice and collard greens
Fried Chicken tenders, mixed greens, perogies
Baked Spaghetti

I will do a separate post on the Thanksgiving Menu and my holiday tips and preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment