Monday, November 15, 2010

I don't think I can take much more today

I got a text from a dear friend of mine who has given up on having children due to severe endometriosis. She could never get pregnant. She texted me that she went to the dr. due to severe pain only to find out she was having a miscarriage. A baby she never even knew about due to a slippage of a hormonal IUD that the Dr's had recommended she get to help her body's hormones etc. They will be doing a D and C. My heart is broken today.

I’m depressed and feeling lost and my heart is breaking for her. I pray I have the strength to help her through this, through the tumult that my mind and heart are in.

I pray that I can shoulder all the emotions that are overwhelming me today, not just hers, but my own.

Dear Lord,
Please give me the strength to make it through and be strong for my friend. Help me to put aside my own discontent and awkward feelings for the next few days so that i may lead her through this terrible time. She has come to me for help because she knows I've been through this. Please do not let me let her down.

Help me to dry my tears (and get out of this bathroom at work), get through the day with strength and courage. Help my sweet friend find peace and love and understanding in this tragic event.

I know Bumblebee is taking care of her little one and giving him/her comfort. Help me give my friend that calm comfort that people provided to me.

Lord give me strength.

2 comments:

  1. oh, lots of prayers for your friend and her family during this time. I hate the heartache that she is going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry for your friend :(

    ReplyDelete