Friday, July 24, 2009

Frankly, My Dear, I don't Give a Damn.

That's right, after all the worry and the stress, DH said he didn't care if we got Scarlett. So just to be clear I said " YOu really don't care?" DH: "It's up to you." ME: "Well if its up to me, I'm bringing her home. Did you hear that Cody? I'm bringing your girlfriend home."

Of course all of this happened while waiting on AF (which showed up this morning) so I was a complete emotional person and my voice broke and the tears started welling up half way through me telling him about the upcoming divorce and Scarlett. So in retrospect the poor man probably wouldn't have dared tell me no even if he wanted to. His only rule: She can not sleep in the bed. He is adamant about no pets in the bed, which he had to amend to no dogs in the bed, because between him and my cat, my cat wins every time. Meh, it was her bed first and being a cat, she isn't about to amend her routine to suit him. I think he's getting used to having his feet attacked at night and occasionally being suffocated by a furry fat ass across his face. (This is the reason we will not be co-sleeping, co-sharing with a baby in any way shape or form.)

A doesn't want me to come get her (Scarlett) until next weekend when she is moving. I understand, she wants more time with her, but I hate that it will put Scarlett under more stress, with all the packing, the in and out, us helping her move and then BOOM, that night in a new place and we won't have a good solid weekend to get her adjusted before she will be stranded during the day. My saving grace is that she has been to my house a few times, has had several play dates (and sexual rendezvous) with Cody, and A is giving me her (very nice and expensive) crate so hopefully she won't become too depressed. I will have to walk a fine line with giving her a lot of attention to make her feel at home and giving Tedda enough attention she doesn't become Depressed Jealous. OY VEY. What have I done? I have welcomed another furry addition to our family and I will work it out. (Secretly I can't wait to buy her cute collars and stuff. Tedda is too furry to wear pretty collers and stuff: trust me I buy them, and they get lost in her scruff, plus she's a tom boy). I've never had an overly prissy dog, so this will be fun! Poor DH is not going to be happy with that..LOL.

As soon as I get her, I will post pictures to introduce her. I'm going to try and get a family portrait with all the dogs. (My infertility has caused me to be even more of a crazy furbaby mama!)

So thank you ALL for walking me through my decision yesterday and supporting me while I mentally psyched myself into this. Hopefully you will all still support me when I go nuts during the transition!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a new doggie! I used to have a doxie once upon a time, she was so pretty. Post some pics for us! Sorry about AF, bitch should be visiting me Sunday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I'm so happy Scarlett is coming home with you! Can't wait to see her beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy gives her woof of approval: WoofWoof!

    ReplyDelete