Wednesday, July 29, 2009

IF WisDUMB from My Mother

On the news both last night and this morning, they ran a segment on the Swine Flu Pandemic and the upcoming vaccines. In the segment they stated that among those more susceptible to death after contracting Swine Flu were pregnant women.

So on the phone with my mother this morning, she says "I saw this segment on Swine Flue (which I had already seen) and it said Pregnant Women were more susceptible to death due to swine flu then others, so see its a good thing you can't get pregnant. You should wait till all the vaccines are out and this pandemic is over."

I told her to STFU and don't say shit like that to me and hung up.

I have come to the conclusion that she doesn't want me to have children. She can't possibly have enough time and love for more grandchildren since she is so consumed with my sister and her two children so she looks at my IF as a blessing to her. I really hate the fact that I'm starting to have hateful feelings for my mother more and more frequently.

I really really need to quit talking to her. I do this to myself by continuing to look for affection and support from her. When will I learn this lesson? Apparently, I'm pretty thickheaded and dimwitted myself because I keep going back for more.

"Mother, will you kick me again please? I like it and am starving for affection." ::palmface::

4 comments:

  1. Um, tell your mom that you never want to hear her talk about your future children, potential for future children, or lack of potential for future children again. Tell her she can take her silver fucking lining and shove it up her ass. Tell her you will talk to her about the weather and the horses, but you will save your real conversations, the ones that require caring and nurturing, to the internet strangers you've come to love because clearly she is incapable of providing the kind of support you need. And tell her Ozy said so.

    FWIW, my mom would try to do the same thing, I promise. Find some kind of stupid crap she thinks might make me feel better and fully succeed in pissing me off with it. Sorry, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Rachel said. Anyone that tells a woman that wants to have a family more than anything in the world, why it is a good thing that she cannot have that one thing she wants, is cruel. Cruel, and completely does not understand what it is like to feel such desire and such failure at the same time. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... that was not very bright of her... not at all :(.
    Sorry, m'dear... your annoyance with her is totally justified (obviously).
    :::::hugs:::::

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do we have the same mother? Seriously.

    I am sorry, I know how much it can really hurt. You have us, and you definitely have me.

    ReplyDelete