Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tears for Megan

Today, I read the story of Megan Grace's birth and death. For those of you who have not followed her story, it was a sad one filled with unbelievable strength, love and devotion.

I was praying for a miracle, that she would live and bring such happiness to her family and while the miracle was not as I imagined, the miracle is simply, that she lived at all. This tiny baby who was loved by so many people including strangers, made an impact on the world in her tiny way. She may never see the blue of the sky, the wind in the leaves, but she was seen. A perfect being with a heartbeat and soft skin. While her heart beat for a short time, the love from it will last an eternity.

I often get wrapped up in my own emotions of IF, but there are things that are so much worse. Things in this life that I can't begin to imagine having the strength for. People that amaze me in so many ways.

Megan, you touched the lives of so many, in ways you and your family will never know. Your time on earth may have been short, but your impact was huge. RIP sweet Megan Grace. May your memory bring a smile to your mother's heart and a warmth in your father's soul.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me so sad inside. I am thankful for the short lived joy her birth has given her family and the amazing legacy that will live on in her.

    ReplyDelete