Thursday, July 9, 2009

SAHM snobbery

I'm not really picky over SAHM vs Working Moms. Whatever works best for you and your family. I can argue either side and have excellent examples of both ends of the spectrums. I know the effects on socialization, immunity, sickness, etc.

What I can not tolerate are people who have their heads stuck so far up their own asses they can not accomodate the other side of the situation (which mostly comes from the direction of SAHM's for some reason).

"I can't imagine anyone putting a 6 week or 12 week old BABY in a stranger's arms to take care of more hours of the day then you spend with it. Yes a budget is tight but wait until you can afford to be a SAHM before you TTC."

How about this: Wait for your brain to engage before you open your fucking mouth. Tell someone suffering not only from IF but a downturned Economy who can only afford to have a child if she continues to work. Someone who is aging fast. The clock is ticking. Screw that, tell that to any woman who needs to work despite IF. Is it fair to subject a woman to a life of struggle because her husband can't bring in as much as she does. A woman who has worked her ass off to get to where she is, give it up when there are people who LIVE to take care of babies and can do it quite well?

SAHM's have hard jobs. I'm not knocking them, I would love to be one. I would LOVE TO BE A MOM period and if I have to go back to work in 6 weeks and PAY someone to take care of my child to make it work, then that is what I will do. I will also shove my foot so far up your ass you will have to have it surgically removed if you make comments like the above to me. Ever. Period. End of Discussion.

4 comments:

  1. That was a very stupid thing for someone to say. I have a lot of respect for working moms... especially my own mother, who was single and working to support 3 kids (one with autism). I also have a lot of respect for SAHMs, but I don't think either should knock the other.
    Also, this post is why I triple puffy pink heart you... you're a bad ass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you lately, that I love you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You. Me. Margaritas. People bashing. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! What B told you, got it!? Because while she is swinging her leg back and jamming her foot in your ass, I will be dishing out the throat punches.

    Rach and B, wait for me! I need in on the margaritas and people bashing! Oh the good times...

    ReplyDelete