Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

I'm two days late, I know. With my OCD party planning self, the psychosis of the Jay Drama, I have not touched a computer in a few days (which has been kind of nice, even though I missed everyone). We did our annual Pool Party for the 4th. Roughly 20 people which included 7 kids this year which was GREAT! I was laying on my big double lounger with my BFF and actually remarked "this is what this pool was made for...Kids and life." I meant it. It warmed my heart to see a few teenagers diving, smaller kids splashing on the floats in the shallow end, water guns, squeals, etc. Don't get me wrong there was an ache because none of them were mine, and I also was wondering if Jay would ever be playing in that pool again and/or having his little friends come over. When he lived with us before, I taught him to swim. When he first moved in, he was deathly afraid of water, but he trusted me so I had him in the pool on the first try and then he ALWAYS wanted to be in the pool. EVERY DAY.

Anyway, very low key day. Most people were gone by dark, since none of us had fireworks, they all scattered to go to the local firework shows. Which was fine. The party was cleaned up and DH and I spread the leftover fruit platters and brownies on teh coffee table and watched movies. Nice end to the day.

Yesterday, I did some gardening and gave Cody (our Doxie) his first swimming lesson. We have been putting him on floats with us to get him used to the water and motion but yesterday was the first actual swimming lesson and teaching him to use the steps. He did not like it but he did really well. He kept coming back for more to please us. I'm hoping to get him where he will actually enjoy it.

Being the slackass that I am, I did not take ONE picture this weekend. My sister took a few so I'm hoping to get some from her. I was very thrilled that my nephews got to enjoy my pool. I was grilling while they were in it, but I got to see a bit of them. I even saw my BIL whom I have not seen in months since he's been on the road. My family was actually very decent this weekend and that made me happy. I wish it was like that all the time. Atleast I know where I get my pschizophrenia from (ha ha, that's a joke, although sometimes I think they really are..LOL).

Positives of the weekend: Successful party, Cody's swimming lesson, enjoyable family time, and DH's car is officially fixed and street legal again ($500.00 later). WOOT happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment