Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just call me: Betty Homemaker

aka Martha Stewart and Paula Dean. I have taken on the task of making Sour Dough Bread and Amish Friendship bread. This stuff has to be the worst PITA in the world. My mother gave me the "starters" which you have to feed and pamper and knead for DAYS just to make a loaf of bread. Last night I made the Sour dough and had to let it sit all night. This morning I had to get up early so that I can punch it down, divide it in three and knead it and let it sit all day to bake it tonight. Good gracious, that's a lot of work for some bread.

I also made zuchini bread from fresh zuke's out of my garden, grilled turkey tenderloins for dinner tonight and tomorrow, steaks for last night's dinner that I served with home made potato salad. I watered my garden, sprayed the leaves with insect soap, picked the garden, chemically treated the pool, did dishes, and snapped green beans. ALL of that after a full day of work and a trip to the grocery store.

I fell into bed last night barely able to function at 10 pm. I AM EXHAUSTED! What's on the agenda tonight? Finish the green beans, pressure can them, make the three loaves of Sour Dough, put together salads for dinner to go with the tenderloins, check the garden, swim laps, three loads of laundry, one load of dishes and sex.

Let's see how much I can get done this week. I know I am going to be in the hayfields on Saturday getting up hay. I am aiming for a completely relaxing day on Sunday...preferably asleep on a pool float in the sun, which I will reward myself with if I stay on track with exercise and chores this week.

None of this has anything to do with TTC, except for the fact that life goes on. I'm crazy busy and insane, and yet I still want to add a baby to the mix. I am strongly considering selling the horses to help alleviate some of the work since we don't have time to do anything with them. Now if I can just get DH on board.

1 comment:

  1. Good lord, woman! You are busy!

    Know what would help with that? A vacation. To Seattle. ;)

    ReplyDelete