Monday, May 3, 2010

International Lost Mother's Day

As I opened my day planner this morning, I noticed that yesterday was International Lost Mother's Day.

I had MEANT to go to all the blogs of the girl's I knew who had lost their children before their life really began and wish them a Happy Mother's Day. Not that the day would be happy but I think its important to recognize those mother's who have nothing to show for their heartache. We ARE mothers. We held life in our bodies that was not our own. We experienced the grief and torture of losing a child whether we ever held it in our arms or not. We held them in our hearts and cradled them in our wombs.

I don't think it will dawn on anyone in my family to acknowledge me next Sunday and that day too shall pass. As will the EDD this week of Bumblebee. I will get through it and I will keep going. Just as all of you do and will. Your strength amazes me on a daily basis and admire you more than you will ever know.

While we may not have our little one's here to hold we do still love them and miss them and we are mother's. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I love you all and I wish only peace for you this week. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you too. You are right, we ARE mother's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post - Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete