Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lemon Ricotta Cookies

I had two lemons and an extra container of Ricotta cheese leftover from Easter. What a perfect way to use both items but to create these light as air cakey cookies? The taste is fantastic and would actually make an excellent cake but because I can't leave well enough alone, instead of icing them, I cut them in strips and used them as "fries" to go with my Cupcake Burgers, so I don't really have a good picture for you.

Lemon Ricotta Cookies
(Inspired by Giada)
Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups Self Rising flour
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 container ricotta cheese
3 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
Splash of Vanilla extract (maybe 1/4 tsp)
Sugar to dust

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar in KA Mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Add the ricotta, lemon juice and zest. Slowly incorporate the flour.

Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet (or mini muffin pan would work well too). Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a preheated oven (375 degrees) for about 15 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. I love anything with lemon. Thanks for a great lemon cookies recipe!

    ReplyDelete