Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tax Day

I hate Tax Day. I really really hate tax day, because no matter what we do, how much we pay in, we always get hit for some reason. Even taking a loss last year, we got hit. We had our taxes done two months ago but I refused to send that money off until today. I wrote the check last night, stuffed the envelopes and have them with me today to stamp and send off which I will do in just a few minutes.

Here's the thing though. I feel free. There's nothing hanging over my head anymore. That dread, the fighting with myself over money issues. We can pay what we owe. We aren't happy about it, but we can pay it. We can pay all our bills and put food on the table. We have insurance. We have jobs. We have a nice house even though it needs a new roof. We don't have to touch our pitiful savings and I was even able to add to it this month. We are blessed in so many ways.

And my chart is looking fantastic and for some unknown reason, I can't help but be optimistic this cycle. Am I destined for depression in one week? Maybe, but for now, I'm going to be absolutely positive and enjoy a week of hope. Even paying taxes today can not damper my mood.

2 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up! :) A positive mood always helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the positivity! Oh, and boooooo tax day.

    ReplyDelete