Monday, August 9, 2010

Not Really a McFatty Monday but kinda sorta ;)

I know I said I wouldn’t really do any more McFatty Monday updates but I feel it is very important to mention here that I am back down to my pregnancy start weight. The week after I found out I was pregnant, my weight ballooned up almost 8 pounds overnight. I realized it was probably bloat but as the time passed, I panicked that the bloat wasn’t going away. Because I’m already overweight, I have to watch my weight during pregnancy very carefully so I don’t gain too much.

Last week, it finally left. I was back down to my start weight. I have been trying to eat healthy but there are some days I just don’t care. It’s not like I have had cravings, or food aversions, or even morning sickness (Praise the Lord!) but sometimes I just WANT or don’t want something. So far this pregnancy, the most prevalent food choice is Campbell’s chicken noodle soup. I should buy stock in that company for the next 7 months. I don’t always get my water in, like yesterday though most of the time I’m very good about it. I’m still trying to stay away from soft drinks but the fizzy sweet goodness really hit the spot the past week, so ginger ale has become my carbonated drink of choice. I figure it is slightly better for me than mountain dew at least and I try to limit myself to one if any.

After this weekend, I pretty much let myself have what I want as we did a LOT of walking at the zoo. We had a blast, I was sore for days (still am). So I didn’t really limit my intake because I felt dehydrated and run down energy wise when it was over. I am happy to report that my weight has not gone up again! YAY! So I guess what I ate balanced out with all that exercise! LOL

I’m starting to get a tiny bit nervous now that the ultrasound is getting close. It’s NEXT week. Granted its next FRIDAY so its practically two weeks away but its still NEXT week. I’m praying so hard that everything is great. According to my O date, I will be 8 weeks and 3 days which I believe is older than BB made it (though we didn’t find out till 10 weeks). According to my last ultrasound I will be 7 weeks 4 days so just under that mark. I am really hoping we have a strong heart beat and are measuring with my O date. That would make me feel a lot better! Until then, I guess the only thing I can do is keep trucking along, trying to get my water in, eating well and taking my vitamins.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is going into this week feeling positive and upbeat. I am for the most part.

1 comment: