Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicken Burgers

Browsing through foodie blogs I came across Cilantro Chicken Burgers on Beantown Baker. Since I'm cutting out the majority of red meat, I thought this might be a great replacement for my lucious burgers. I'm not a big fan of cilantro and I wanted to make something quick and easy as my red meat burgers are so I immediately spun the recipe.

Citrus Chicken Burgers
Ingredients:

1 lb ground chicken
2 tbs minced garlic
1 small yellow onion
zest and juice from one small lemon
dash of soy sauce
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup panko

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 6 muffin tin with cooking spray.

In food processor, chop onion. Add garlic, lemon zest and juice, soy sauce. Blend well. Add in ground chicken, salt and pepper, oatmeal, and panko.

Divide mixture into muffin tins and bake for about 40 minutes until crispy and golden on the top.

I served on Sweet Potato Biscuits for a bright fresh flavor.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Did you enjoy this recipe and plan on using it, again? Was it dark or light meat of the chicken? How refreshing. Thanks for sharing. Come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ground chicken I think was a combination of dark and Light. I bought it at the Farmer's market preground.

    I will be using this recipe again but I will probably try to improve it a little more. It was missing something. I'm not sure what though. If you try it, let me know what you think. It's good, but it needs to be tweaked a tad bit!

    ReplyDelete