Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu Monday

Wow last week flew by so fast! I didn't even get to make everything on my menu!

This weekend was a treasure trove at the Farmer's Market and my Inspiration basket is overflowing with goodness: apples, onions, potatoes, shallots, oranges, tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, asparagus, broccoli, pears. YUM!

So my goal here is to cook quite a bit at the beginning of the week so then I can take a few days off and we just warm things up without them being "leftovers." I got a good start on that by Roasting most of a whole chicken yesterday. I got a whole CUT up chicken and took out the neck, giblets and wings. Those I threw in a pot with water, celery stalk (complete with leaves), carrots, quartered onion, shallot, garlic cloves, salt and pepper and simmered for several hours. I now have a half gallon of good stock.

Up this week:
Fried chicken drumsticks, with homecanned greenbeans and diced potatoes.

Biscuit Surprise

Broccoli Casserole

White Chicken Chili (for a Chili Cookoff at work on Friday)

Turkey Meatloaf with Asparagus

Homemade Hashbrowns with Eggs

Pasta with spinach and asiago (didn't make it last week)

Chef Salad with lemon vinigraite

*don't forget, today's the last day to post your recipes for the blog challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment