Sunday, March 7, 2010

Honey Lime Vinaigrette

At the farmer's market, one of the vendor's has a KeyLime Vinaigrette. It looks and sounds amazing but there are things I really can't pronounce in the ingredients, so I'm a little timid of buying it. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and go for it next week.

Tonight though, I decided to do a simple Honey Lime Vinaigrette. It didn't have nearly the flavor Lemon does and was a little too mild. I served it over grape tomatoes, iceberg, leaf lettuce and sweet peas.

I'm not a great fan but give it a whirl. Maybe you can improve on it and let me know!

Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Ingredients:
1/3 cup Lime Juice (fresh squeezed about three limes)
Some Lime zest
4 tsp honey
1 tbs rice vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbs chopped onion

Directions:
Combine all ingredients either in an Italian dressing bottle or mini food processor/chopper. Shake or mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment