Monday, March 29, 2010

McFatty Monday-Tornado Edition

So what does McFatty Monday and Tornadoes have to do with each other? Well thanks to the latter one, we lost power last night before dinner so I didn't eat which helped with the first one. LOL

In all seriousness though, scary stuff last night. I'm exhausted, still have no power, I feel dirty and gritty from not being able to shower. Everyone is safe though so that's good. A lot of destruction but as long as no serious injuries, its all good.

Speaking of good: My weight. Remember last week when I was up three pounds which was discouraging? Well two days later I weighed again and I was up four more pounds. (Up seven total) WTF. Then AF reared her ugly head and I said, "oh, that explains a lot."

This weekend, I busted my butt in the garden (which got washed away in the flooding of last night..arrgghh), and ate nothing but spinach and pea pasta with water. (Okay, I had a bowl of chocolate icecream yesterday afternoon).

As I stumbled into work this morning all bleary eyed from sleeping on my closet floor with three dogs and a cat on top of me for part of the night, I jumped on the scale to see if I was atleast back to my low point of two weeks ago. YES! Not only had I dropped that pesky water weight but I lost THREE MORE POUNDS!

WOOT! I'm down a total of THIRTY-EIGHT pounds! (yes, I'm screaming it). Maybe I can reach my goal after all. I need to be down 9 more pounds before April 8th. That's almost two weeks. That would be the best birthday present EVER!

So on this dreary, rainy day there is a bright spot of sun! YAY.

and as for Ms. Blair's questions:
What is your favorite work-out gear? What are your must-haves? (personally, I’m a big fan of shorts/shirts with zippered pockets for keys) Your favorite sneakers?


My favorite work out gear is a sports bra, spaghetti strap tank, and yoga pants or terri capri's. I want soft thin fabrics when I work out. My favorite sneakers are Addidas running shoes. Like you I need new workout gear. My pants are so big now they look like clown pants and bag out everywhere. My shoes are shot and my sports bra finally bit the dust. I am refusing to buy any clothes workout or regular until I reach that goal though. That's my treat for myself and all my hardwork.

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you when I heard about the weather you guys were having. I am relieved to hear that everyone is okay.

    Congrats on the added lbs lost! AF did her number on my scale too, but I'm back and down about 2 lbs! WOOT WOOT (one for each of us! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE AMAZING!!! & get those new workout clothes! They make such a huge difference.

    p.s. I'm glad you weren't swept away, Dorothy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up girl you are doing awesome!

    I like to rock: yoga pants, 2 sport bras(this is something new since I lost the babies the boobs are a little lower than before), a tank top, socks, and new balance sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 38 pound loss!! I love the big clown pants feel :)

    ReplyDelete