Friday, March 12, 2010

Movie Review: Waitress

I missed this little number for quite a few years. I honestly had no desire to see it because I'm not a huge Kerri Russell fan. Yes, I watched Felicity but she was a little on the annoying side and I gave up somewhere in the second season. So I never rushed out to get this movie on DVD and even debated with myself on renting it as I passed in the video store.

Coincidentally it made its television premier so I DVR'd it. Can't beat Free right? I actually had NO IDEA it had so much food in it. Yes, she's a waitress, blah blah blah, but being a waitress doesn't mean you know how to cook. I've been a waitress. It ain't all about the food ya'll its all about the service. While I was pleasantly surprised at the funny pies, the acting left a LOT to be desired. Those horrible pretend Texas accents did not do any justice to the southern state, ya'll.

However, as I am on a mission to collect Food Related Movies, I will probably add this one to my collection (if I find it in the dollar DVD bin).

I will leave you with this though, a collection of the pies from the movie:
Daily Special: Jenna's Pies

Every morning Jenna creates a new pie to serve as the day's special. Along with that, she's also serving up a peek into her emotional state. Anything sound good?

I Hate My Husband Pie: Bittersweet chocolate and don't sweeten it; you make it into a pudding and drown it in caramel.

I Don't Want Earl’s Baby Pie (aka Bad Baby Pie): A quiche of egg and brie cheese with a smoked ham center.

Baby Screamin' its Head off in the Middle of the Night and Ruinin' My Life Pie: New York-style cheesecake, brandy brushed, with pecans and nutmeg.

Earl Murders me 'Cause I'm Havin' an Affair Pie: Smash blackberries, blueberries and raspberries into a chocolate crust.

I Can't Have no Affair Because it's Wrong and I Don't Want Earl to Kill me Pie: Vanilla custard with banana. Hold the banana.

Pregnant, Miserable, Self-Pityin', Loser Pie: Lumpy oatmeal with fruitcake mashed in. Flambé of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment