Friday, March 5, 2010

"It's Finally Friday"

These lyrics to a country song are going around and around in my head. This has been a long week. Nothing particular, I've just not slept as well as I needed to and my back has hurt so its made for a long week.

I've been looking forward to this weekend for not only the time off, but because I took advice of several people including my Dr. and booked a massage for Saturday morning. I'm hoping that relieves the back pain enough that I can work in my garden and get a lot of fresh air this weekend since we are supposed to reach the 60's! So excited! I think this could really help my anxiety and frame of mind. I may even GRILL, that would be awesome.

I realize that i have high hopes for this weekend and really over booked myself in my head: wax, massage, farmer's market, clean house, errands, garden, bake a pound cake, wash cars, etc. It won't all get done but I'm going to make a valiant effort since I feel guilty for having done NOTHING this week except maintain the dishes and cook dinner every night. I've even let my blogs slip because I didn't have the energy to focus.

Today is the beginning of a good weekend though. I'm determined to be productive today so I can leave work with a clear head and enjoy my weekend.

Quick Updates
Allergy Update: I think the medicine may be starting to work. I've had my normal daily symptoms at work but everyday they seem to be a little milder. I wake up with itchy eyes etc. but after I take my pill its much more bearable. I've finally started bringing the nasal spray to work with me but haven't quite gotten up the guts to try it. I promise I will this weekend.

Weight Update:
I know I'm up a pound and that I completely pigged out yesterday. I had One extra stuffed biscuit that I didn't need. I tried to make up for it last night by not eating much casserole for dinner but I feel guilty today. I probably shouldn't. It's not like I binged or anything. I had a biscuit for breakfast, some cabbage and grit casserole for lunch, a biscuit when I got home from work and then a cup of baked potato and broccoli casserole for dinner. I drank all my water per usual. It's not like I had a whole pizza but I still feel guilty. Not sure why. I guess because I've come so far and I really want to lose that 15 pounds by April 8th.

So what's new with you? Any big plans this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I am so so proud of you! I hope that your massage is wonderful, it is so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete