Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Peanut Butter Fido Treats

My dogs were getting a little irritated with me over the past few days as I ran out of treats. My Hubby says I spoil them by giving them treats everytime I put them up in the mornings, but I disagree. I think when I'm locking them up all day while we work (and ofcourse he's already gone, so I'm the bad guy) they deserve a moment of happiness before the solitary jailtime sets in. I personally believe in leaving well behaved dogs out in the house, but unfortunately the two munchkins are destructive little brats so only my big girl gets to stay out. (She still gets a treat). As the insolent stares greet me each morning the past few days I realize I may have created treat monsters. So I took pity on them (and my guilt) and baked up some more homemade dog treats last night.

Peanut Butter Fido Treats

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbs. baking powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk

Directions:
In KA Mixer, blend peanut butter and milk until smooth with paddle attachment. Add baking powder. With Mixer running, slowly add flour until well blended. Will be kind of dry. Roll out onto lightly floured board. Roll out with pin until about 1/4 inch thick and cut out shapes. I used fire hydrants and dog bone cutters. SO CUTE! Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.

This made two pans of small treats. I filled up the entire cookie jar (yes, I have a special doggie cookie jar, laugh if you must) with some dough left over (which I tossed as it wasn't enough to save).

This is probably simpler than driving to Petsmart and buying treats. Really, its that easy. They smell great, the dogs love them, and well my heart sings when I look at those cute cookies. I'm a sucker like that though.

*Ofcourse I have pictures...on my camera. SIGH*

No comments:

Post a Comment