Saturday, April 18, 2009

Consolation Prize

DH actually got up early this morning. Not just early for him but like Early period: 7:30am. He even went to yardsales with me to get my mind off the BFN. We hit two in particular that advertised on Craigs list with treadmills of which I have been on the hunt for 2 months. I keep JUST missing a good deal. I had 300.00 earmarked for one because of all the ones we have been pricing out we seem to be finding them between 2-500.00 so 300.00 was the budget for one. (DH kept wanting to go higher). I love to walk and have wanted one for a LONG time to help me control the weight but I don't need a big new fancy one. We've done our research and getting a decent used one for this price didn't seem to be a problem except every time we made it to the Play It Again Sports or to Craigs List, the item had JUST SOLD. Fuckers.
After a VERY disappointing morning we went to eat breakfast with friends and stumbled across a little Used Sporting Goods store in a little Podunk town that I NEVER go to. Walked in and there was THE treadmill. The big mamba jamba that was one of the fancier versions (two year old model) that DH had been wanting to get. Now we aren't talking HIGH END here but just a better quality then the average economic ones you can find on craigslist in abundance. It's a NordicTrac with IFit capability, IPod hook ups, this that, blah blah blah. New Price (because we just priced one like it at Sears: $1500.00 or so). Used price: $450.00 plus tax. What I paid total: $385.00
Did I mention I can negotiate pretty well? I'm my father's daughter. So we bought it, brought it home. I used it for 20 minutes due to the little incident of loading the darn thing where I bashed my knee into the trailer hitch and ripped my jeans, cut my leg and somehow in the process twisted my ankle a bit. Don't ask me how I did that. Anyway.
We also found some beautiful small azalea bushes in the same town and a dog crate for our Doxie. So while this morning sucked, this afternoon wasn't bad. I got to weed one of my flowerbeds and plant beautiful bushes, use my new-to-me treadmill, and relax a bit. Tomorrow will be working (have to submit an offer on a house, fingers crossed, I need the money), return my Dad's truck and clean the house.
Another Saturday, GONE. There is never enough time to get what I need to done, but there's always too much time at work. I really need a 3-4 day work week and a 3-4 day weekend. Would be so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment