Tuesday, April 21, 2009

R.I.P. Sweet Robbie.


I learned last night that a dear friend of ours passed away. Robbie was not just a friend but he was the heart and soul of our group of friends back in the day that DH and I met. For those of you who do not know, DH and I met online in a chat room. This particular chat room was very active IRL and always had get together's hosted by Robbie at his home. He was one of the friendliest people I have ever met and he always believed in the good in people. He was talented on the computer and a true friend. No one minded driving all over the state to go to Robbie's house as Robbie was in a wheelchair due to MS. I started hanging out with Robbie, his new girlfriend Vicki et al. about five years ago or so. DH was regular member of the chat room who I spoke to several times and we became online friends.
Robbie's big Halloween party was coming up so since DH did not live far from me we decided to meet up and drive down together. He had met and partied with several of them IRL as well as I had but HE and I had never officially met. We met, the rest is history. The first night we met we stayed up talking all night long and were together ever since. A successful romance originating from online friendly flirtations. We spent many nights, days, parties with Robbie and Vicki who were married only a few months after DH and I.
You will never meet a nicer, warmer, more sincere person than Robbie. Despite his disability, his limitations etc. he believed in people and helped anyone any way he could. My heart not only breaks that such a good man was broken and persevered only to be taken at such a young age, but my heart breaks for Vicki who found the love of her life for such a short period of time, and for their children who joined to become one family.
DH and I will be leaving work early tomorrow to make the trip for the wake and to be with our friends who have all come back together to celebrate Robbie's life and mourn his passing, to support Vicki and Robbie's family who we all loved. This will be one of the hardest wakes I have ever had to attend and I am fully prepared to be a crying blubbering mess.
Times like this only reaffirms my desire to be a parent. To take what DH and I have together and share our love and compassion with a child. To teach our child to be loving and compassionate and to have inner strength as sweet Robbie did. To look for the beauty and good in others in a this crazy world.
So while I have these crazy cramps, bloodclots and am fully miserable at work today, I've already steeled myself for the next round of Clomid. I will do this. I will have my baby in my arms and will remember the good people who helped make it possible. I will do everything in my power to show my child the good and love of the world so that he or she may grow up to make their mark on the lives of others.
Robbie/Eagle, I know you are in heaven, and I know you have no more pain and are at peace. We love you and will always miss you.
~Buckin and Raven

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, swettie. Robbie was a wonderful man who touched many lives. He is now bringing happiness to heaven, and watching over all of his friends. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a wonderful person, I'm glad you got the opportunity to know him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, he sounds like a wonderful friend. I wish you and his loved ones peace through your loss.

    ReplyDelete