Saturday, April 11, 2009

Drink Till It's Pink

Last night, we had a small birthday party for me and a coworker. He brought his girlfriend over to meet us, another coworker came by, and one of my friends stopped by for a bit with her daughter as it was her birthday as well. I AM SO EXHAUSTED! I have had three days off this week. All three days I ended up getting up at the normal time so that I could do various things.

Wednesday I was in a lot of pain and only managed to do laundry and dishes etc. and spent the majority of the afternoon in the Dr.'s office figuring out the cyst thing. Thursday I was out the door bright and early to drive to the mountains and pick up my father. He enjoyed coming down here and even helped me plant some garden. I spent all day out in the garden planting lettuce, cabbage, and tomato. As I took him home, I showed two houses to a client. Thursday was a very productive and tiring day. Friday, I woke up tired and slightly sore, and spent the entire day cleaning the house, running errands, cooking, etc. My feet were so sore and tired last night I could hardly enjoy the party.

My counter was covered in tons of food. As always I was worried I wouldn't have enough so I made way too much: Cheesy Chicken Cups, Pigs in a Blanket, Fresh Pineapple, Fresh Strawberries, Gourmet Olives, and German Chocolate Cupcakes. Everyone brought me alcohol for gifts so there was a flow of that as well: Mango Margaritas and Royal Flushes were the drinks of choice last night.

I drank. Mango Margaritas were my poison of the night. It was the first time I hadn't thought about my body, sex, CM and children in a long time. I just enjoyed the people, the food and the moment. About four drinks in, I finally stopped. I was feeling quite full and couldn't remember EATING that much so it had to be from the drinks, and I know you can drink till its pink but seriously you shouldn't exactly get shit faced. That is never good for you much less good for your body trying to produce a fetus.

There again, with or without the alcohol, late night etc. because I'm still not truly convinced I ovulated and that this thermal shift is real, I was scared of taking my temp this morning but there it is. Slight dip, but still well above the "cover line." Another day of disbelief and hope. Maybe I will feel a little more confident at the end of the first week if temps stay high. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment