Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Round 2 Insanity

The second round of Clomid is not proving to be any friendlier than the first. Once it was all said and done, it was not that bad looking back on the first round. However, living through it, you tend to forget that. So far, I've completely lost my effing mind. I FORGOT to take my Clomid night before last. Yesterday, in a panic, I googled dosing and found that you should take a missed dose immediately or at minimum WITH your next dose. So as it was my LAST dose of the month, I took it last night.

Last night, I not only enjoyed the first wave of night sweats but I also received the gift of constipation. I'm sure you are asking yourself, how that could possibly be derived from Clomid. Aside from the fact that I've already admitted to brain issues, I have not been constipated since 1999 (gallbladder removed). Let me tell you, it sucked. Going to bed with the bloated, knotted, pain in the abdomen. That feeling that you want to push but it wasn't quite ready to be expelled from your body (grossed out yet?). MISERABLE. Followed by waking up in the A.M. to sweaty cold chills and a purring cat draped across my face causing my FACE and NECK to sweat as well. Pleasant. There was also, no WAY I was going back to sleep as I had to pee worse than a three dicked dinosaur during a glacier raid.

So there I was, 5:30a.m. taking my temperature an HOUR early, slumped over the kitchen counter, pleading with the coffee pot to hurry up. A half a pot of coffee later I had done two loads of laundry, two loads of dishes, taken the dogs out, fed the animals, made lunch, made DH breakfast in bed (bacon and eggs), finally used the bathroom (RELIEF, BLESSED RELIEF), read some of my book annnnnnddddddd fallen asleep across the bed, coffee IN HAND, morning news blaring as DH took a shower. ODE to the sad and pathetic version of myself. Joy to the next week and a half of Clomid side effects.

2 comments: