Monday, February 8, 2010

Deep Fried Mozzerella Balls

Ahh my attempt to make HOMEMADE Fried Mozzerella balls. Was a complete Failure. They only tasted good hot out of the grease but they exploded and so they were a cheese mass of breaded oozing cheese that when cool, held on to the grease!

I'm glad I only breaded and tried about a dozen so I didn't waste all that mozzerella! I think I got TWO that came out like they were supposed to! (Since its a failure I'll show you the pile of greasy cheese to prove it and NO we did not eat it. We ate the two good ones and that was it! LOL)

Fried Mozzerella Balls:

Ingredients:
3 eggs whisked
12 fresh Mozzerella balls (use a melon ball scooper and a fresh round of mozzerella)
Bread crumbs
1 cup of flour
salt and pepper
OIL

Directions:
Dip dried mozzerella in egg, then flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Drop into a preheated Cast Iron Dutch oven with about a 1/2 inch of 300 degree oil for about 45 seconds, or until crispy and golden brown. Drain.

1 comment:

  1. Those look so good! My daughter LOVES mozerella sticks so I def have to make these for her!

    Stopping by from Lady Bloggers Tea Party! See ya around!

    Bratts (Lisa)
    Double Shot of Espresso

    ReplyDelete