Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Monday

After a weekend full of SNOW (I'm talking 9" in the South, holey moley) it doesn't look like we will get much of a break from it this week. Calling for freezing rain on Tuesday and a possibility of another snow storm on Thursday and Friday.

Our roads are a MESS. For some reason, that is really throwing me off my stride. I've been dealing with rather bland foods lately to preserve my sanity and prevent more sick time. With the onslaught of cold though, the only thing I want to make is WARM, SPICY hardy foods, but those don't appeal to my appetite at the moment. I can feel myself trying to slide into a rut!

Menu:
Chicken Empanadas (I'm going to try these but take some of the spice out of them and see what happens).

Girls Night: I'm aiming for some of my sisters favorites-
Fried Chicken Tender Salad
French Onion Soup
Red Velvet Cupcakes

For my company Chili Cook off, I'll be dishing up one of my chili's. I'm leaning toward White Chicken Chili just to throw a curve ball into the traditional line up of dark/red bean chili's.

The rest of this week is a mystery. Maybe Turkey burgers and Frozen Lasagna. (Yes, I do convenience foods every now and again).

No comments:

Post a Comment