Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Positive Side of Life

I despise being a drag in any way shape or form. It takes too much concentration to stay negative. Plus, consistently negative people can be draining. EVERYONE has periods of negativity, but not appreciating SOMETHING that is going in your life is difficult. I am VERY appreciative of what I have and the opportunities I have been given. So in honor of those who are trying to keep my spirits up and keep me positive, I am going to start with the many blessings in my life:
  1. My adoring husband who loves me despite my mood swings, unhealthy fear of tornadoes, and various other pyschopathic tendencies.
  2. My pets who show me love in new ways every day and challenge my patience on a consistent basis.
  3. My family who while many members are trying to say the least, my parents are wonderful people who would give someone the shirts off their backs and haven't caught any breaks lately.
  4. My friends both IRL and on the Interwebz. You are all blessings. Like snowflakes you are all different and I love each and every one of you as I love the beauty found in a snowflake. You are amazing people and I am touched on a daily basis by your strength, beauty (both inner and outer) and kindness.
  5. My job(s). While neither is really what I should be doing/making at the moment, I atleast am working and bringing in enough money so that between the two of us we are making it. We can pay our bills, we can feed our animals, we can buy gifts for our friends on their birthdays and occasionally we can buy a little trinket for ourselves.
  6. My house. While not my dream house, I could not pass it up. I love every inch of it including the sagging patchwork roof (okay its not THAT bad but it does have patches of different color shingles which is totally my fault for not buying the right color to replace the missing ones after storms.) I love every red brick and every nail sticking out of my deck that has to be hammered back in. I am very lucky to have a house that we could never afford, built by my father's hands and basically given to us. I won't go into the details but we are EXTREMELY fortunate despite the things that need to be done and the amount of work it takes to keep the place up. I know most people would KILL to have been given this opportunity. So feel free to e-smack me when I complain about my house.
  7. My education: it's not exactly helping me out at the moment due to the economy and overabundance of experienced workers needing jobs but it was mostly free (thank you Mom and Dad) and I had an amazing college experience. I am extremely fortunate.
  8. My health. I'm not the healthiest person in the world as I struggle with weight and IF but I do not have a disease that keeps me sick etc. So I have to include my health because overall I am a healthy person able to live a happy, productive, normal daily life.

Not a bad life all and all. I struggle with things. I let the current circumstance get me down. I fight with my own emotions and mental attitude which has only been heightened by the Clomid making my fight an all out battle at times. When you review the positives in your life though, you see the bigger picture. Yes, I'm going to struggle and have to re-evaluate the savings account and the budget and financing payments possibly to go forward with having a child (as well as the darn patchwork roof). Things are tight and may not always be easy (as if they ever truly are). I will complain, I will get down but for now, I survived the bad weather last night (a little neurotic through the evening hours but I'm still sane), I slept like a rock for SEVEN WHOLE HOURS, the pain in my ute is at the moment bearable, and despite the nausea I'm managing to stay up right at my desk. Today could still be a good day. And that my friends is about all the sunshine I can blow out my ass today. *wink*

3 comments:

  1. You have made my day! I'm so glad to see you think this way. I am so hopeful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you. I hope you have a good day Buck-Buck!

    ReplyDelete