Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sandman, Where Art Thou

I have the refrain "Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream" running through my head. It is after all 3:30am and I can't sleep. I'm exhausted and my back is hurting for some reason. All I want to do is crash out for a little while but I can not get comfortable and I can not sleep.

I finally got up and took an IBProfen. Since I was up, I went ahead and put laundry in, moved some paperwork to the office from the kitchen and sat down at the computer. If it wasn't that pitchblackness before the dawn, I would probably be outside putting chemicals in the pool and weeding my garden. Well, and besides the darkness, I ran into a possum on my back porch earlier and while he didn't act threatened or offer to attack me, those are the ugliest creatures on earth and I would rather not see him again tonight. (Stephen tried to shoot it with his new crossbow but the arrow ricocheted off my deck chair with a loud clanging noise.)

Why is it, that as soon as I lay down, everything negative crowds into my head: bills, money/budget issues, real estate license renewals, continuing education class deadlines, contract problems, closing issues as well as chores that need to be done, items that can go in the yardsale. It goes on and on. I find myself getting more awake by the second and I know in approximately 4 hours, the stupid bird is going to wake up and I will be reduced to a pathetic sobbing zombie version of myself begging for mercy. There is too much to do tomorrow for me not to get any sleep tonight and to start my week off exhausted and iritated.

This has been a repeating pattern recently. Since turning 30 I've had less sleep then ever before, but since Clomid sleep is elusive at best. It is taking its toll on my health at this point. Can you tell I am not a happy camper tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment